The installation of the "OF" System on railroad tracks allows to control in an automated way the wagons in transit by providing information such as:
- Ellipticity of the wheels;
- Load distribution within the wagon;
- Dynamic measurement of vertical compression on the wheel;
- Vehicle stability:
- Effect of torsion of the wagon;
- Effect of roll of the wagon.
The goal is to prevent possible accidents or breakages of the wagons using the "OF" System installed on the rails on which the trains go by.
The measurements carried out by the “OF” System provide information such as:
- Load on the wheel and axles, Train load, inclination and general conditions;
- Dynamic control of load on wheels;
- Wagons damage prevention.
The application properties are:
- Minimal intrusion;
- Calibrations and measurements stable over time;
- Very high frequency measurement;
- No impediment during ordinary maintenance of wagons and rails.